GLB Small 1 Inch Tablets are slow-dissolving 1/2 ounce tablets that provide powerful chlorine sanitation. This product has 89% available stabilized chlorine. They are ideal for use in floaters, feeders and skimmers. These Small 1 Inch Tablets are EPA registered. This product is stabilized against the sun's UV rays which break down chlorine. Stabilized chlorine means less sanitizer consumption.
Before first use of GLB Small 1" Tablets, be sure to take the following steps:
- Adjust the pool water pH value between 7.2 and 7.8 as determined by a suitable test kit and adjust the total alkalinity to 100 ppm.
- Stabilize pool water with 30 ppm stabilizer as directed on the container label. Thereafter regular use of GLB Small 1" Tablets will provide any needed make-up stabilizer.
- Shock treat the pool water to oxidize organic contaminants. Follow label directions. Before using the pool be certain the chlorine level returns to 1 - 1.5 ppm.
- Once your pool has been made ready by following steps 1, 2, 3 above, use these GLB Small 1" Tablets to maintain the free residual chlorine at a safe and efficient 1 - 1.5 ppm. Test your water frequently to maintain this residual using a suitable free chlorine test kit. By means of an automatic chlorinator, float device, or skimmer dispensers, immerse one GLB Small 1" Tablet or as many as may be required to continuously maintain the safe free available chlorine level for each 450 - 900 gallons of pool water. NEVER ADD THESE CHLORINATING TABLETS DIRECTLY INTO THE SWIMMING POOL AS DISCOLORATION OF THE POOL LINER OR FINISH MAY OCCUR.
- Superchlorinate (shock treat) the pool water at least twice monthly (more often in warm climates - water temperature over 85 degrees F). Failure to superchlorinate can result in increased combined chlorines (chloramines) and possible growth of algae.