The Bio-Dex Salt Protect product is designed to soften and eliminate scale build up on the salt cell, and also pool surfaces below the waterline. If this product is used regularly, then the salt cell will be protected from future build ups. This saltwater product is compatible with all sanitizer types, acids, and many common pol chemicals.
- Protects against scale build ups on salt cells
- Removes many organic stains, and prolongs the life of the salt cell
- Regular use will help make sure that a scale build up does not return
- For scale or calcium removal: Raise the waterline over the calcium or scale line and pour 1 quart f Salt Protect per 20,000 gallons of water around the perimeter of the pool. (double the dosage for heavy buildup) Turn on the filter and run for 48-72 hours. If scale is still present in the filter, the process can be repeated or it can be cleaned with less effort using Bio-Dex 300 Tile Cleaner as Salt Protect treatment will have made the scale softer and easier to remove.
- New Pool Start Up: To eliminate plaster dust formation in new pool or remodeled pool start up. Reduces mottling and discoloration on new surfaces. Exceptional sequestering of metals. Reduces brushing. Add Salt Protect: 1 quart per 20,000 gallons of water. Pour Salt Protect in 1/4 increments as the pool is filling. The one quart when salt is added. Booster application for metal problems: add Aquadex 50 Stain Off also in 1/4 increments as the pool is filling.
- Existing freshly filled pool: 1 quart treats 20,000 gallons, pour 1 quart around the perimeter of the pool at start up away from eyes and face. If calcium hardness is above 250 ppm, or iron exceeds 1 ppm, add a second quart of Salt Protect. Wait 24 hours and test pH and adjust if required. Add chlorine per your professional dealers directions. Your professional dealer or service professional is best eqioped to perform water testing. Maintain water pH range between 7.2-7.6
- Existing In-Use Pool: Spring Start Up or Winterizing: Add one quart of Salt Protect per 20,000 gallons of water above per procedure. Follow the above perimeters regarding second quart application.
- Pool Water Maintenance: Dosage: Add 3 to 4ounces of salt protect per 20,000 gallons or add 12 of Salt Protect per month. Follow above perimeters and correct chlorine residual.
- Spas, hot tubs, Aesthetic pools: Dosage: Add 1ounce of Salt Protect our 500-750 gallons of water.
No reviews yet
Works great, been using it for years to help protect the salt and keep the chemicals stable in my saltwater pool.
Bio-Dex Salt Protect
Great product. Help with Chlorine salt generator, getting rid of the calcium buildup in the unit. Used it for several years.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.