SpaGuard's Spa Sentry gives spa owners a one-step liquid additive to avoid pH bounce for up to 1 month per application, simply by adding directly to water. Before using this product you must first drain and refill your spa and set the desired level of both pH and alkalinity before applying. Spa Sentry also contains a clarifying agent that removes dissolved metals in your water, giving your spa clearer and softer water that will be instantly noticed by bathers.
Calcium Hardness less than 150 ppm:
32 fl oz per 300 to 500 gallons of water.
Calcium Hardness more than 150 ppm:
64 fl oz per 300 to 500 gallons of water.
- First, drain and clean the spas surfaces with SpaGuard Surface Cleaner and clean the filter with SpaGuard Filter Cleaner & Degreaser.
- Refill your spa with fresh water. Important: The heater should be off before the addition of Spa Sentry. The heater should remain off until all cloudiness has been cleared by filtration.
- All additions of product should be made with the spa water circulating.
- If your fill water has calcium hardness less than 150 ppm (195 ppm total hardness) add1 quart (1 bottle) of Spa Sentry per 300 to 500 gallons of spa water.
- If dissolved calcium is present, the water softening action of Spa Sentry will precipitate the calcium, allowing your filter to remove it.
- The water may cloud when product is added, indicating that Spa Sentry is working to remove excess calcium.
- If clouding occurs, circulate the spa for 24 hours.
- Then remove cartridge filters and rinse away excess calcium with strong stream of water.
- Backwash sand and D.E. filters.
- If your fill water has calcium hardness greater than 150 ppm (195 ppm total hardness) a total of 2 quarts of Spa Sentry will be needed for each 300 to 500 gallons of water.
- Add the first quart of Spa Sentry and circulate the spa water through the filtration system for 24 hours (use high speed if 2 speed pump).
- Clean the filters (rinse cartridges or backwash sand or D.E.).
- Add the second quart of Spa Sentry, and circulate the spa water through the filtration system for 24 hours.
- Clean filter again.
- If your fill water has calcium hardness greater than 300 ppm (390 ppm total hardness), consult your BioGuard Dealer before using this product.