SpaGuard's pH Decreaser provides spa owners with an easy way to lower high pH and alkalinity down to optimal levels, simply by adding this quick-dissolving granular formula to the water. pH Decreaser gradually lowers your pH and alkalinity until at the desired level, and also prevents scale build-up and cloudy water that also usually occurs when your spa operates at the high-end of the pH scale.
pH Range 7.6 to 7.8:
1/2 tsp per 200 gallons
pH Range 7.8 to 8.0:
3/4 tsp per 200 gallons
pH Range 8.0 to 8.4:
1 1/2 tsp per 200 gallons
pH Range 8.4 and above:
2 tsp per 200 gallons
- Use an accurate test method to determine pH.
- Determine the amount of SpaGuard pH Decreaser needed to adjust the pH to maintain a reading of 7.2 to 7.6.
- Be sure the spas total alkalinity reading is at least 125 ppm before adding this product.
- With the pump operating, sprinkle this product into the water when the spa is not occupied.
- Let the pump circulate for 30 minutes to thoroughly mix the product.
- In units with aerators, the pump should be operating and the aerator off prior to application of the product.
- Retest pH and adjust as necessary. Be sure to consult chart for correct quantity to add based on the current pH of the spa.