Spa Essentials pH Decreaser gives spa owners with an effective way to reduce the pH level and alkalinity of their spas, preventing cloudy water and scale build-up which high pH levels create. Lowering your pH level, along with alkalinity, will make you spa more comfortable for bathers. Care must be taken to not lower the pH too much, which will cause equipment damage from corrosion, but to strive for a chemically balanced spa. Once chemically balanced, you could use Spa Essentials pH Anchor to lock in your desired pH level, allowing you to enjoy your spa for years to come.
pH 7.6 to 7.8:
2 tsp per 100 gallons.
pH 7.8 to 8.0:
4 tsp per 100 gallons.
pH 8.0 to 8.4:
8 tsp per 100 gallons.
pH 8.4 and above:
9 tsp per 100 gallons.
- Use container cap as convenient measure.
- Cap filled to inner lip holds approximately 5 oz. of this product.
- 2 teaspoons = 0.5 oz.
- Use a reliable pH test kit and keep water pH between 7.2 and 7.6.
- An Acid Demand Test directly estimates amounts of this product needed to lower pH to 7.2-7.6, or, when Total Alkalinity of water is in balance, the following chart estimates the product additions needed.
- Sprinkle this product into the water when the spa is out of service.
- Let pump circulate the water for 30 minutes.
- Retest pH.
- Repeat treatment, if necessary.
- Do not add near metal fittings nor allow pH to drop below 7.2.
- Do not allow undissolved lumps to remain on the spa surface.
- Break lumps up by brushing or other means of agitation.