ProTeam Winter Mix protects your pool against staining, algae growth, bacteria and all other threats throughout the long winter months, eliminating much of the work from spring openings. Its formula is compatible with most common sanitizing systems and will drastically cut the amount needed to treat your pool next season, saving you money. Best of all, Winter Kit is made right here in the USA to ensure the highest quality, allowing you to buy with confidence.
1 kit per 15,000 gallons of water.
- Resolve any current water problems, such as algae or cloudy water, before closing the pool. Dirt, leaves, and algae can cause staining if not removed before covering.
- Balance your pool water to the appropriate ranges. pH 7.2-7.6, Alkalinity 80-120 ppm, Calcium Hardness 200-400 ppm.
- With pump running, add 2 pounds of ProTeam Power Magic AC Superoxidizer or Multi Magic Shock per 10,000 gallons of water. Wait one hour.
- For every 15,000 gallons of water, add 1/2 of the contents of ProTeam Winter Mix to pool by broadcasting over the surface of the water, with pump running. Wait 15 minutes, then broadcast the remaining portion of ProTeam Winter Mix directly to the pool. Product may harden in pail or become clumpy over time but ill not affect performance. Water may discolor for a few minutes as the product enters the water. This is normal and will dissipate as the water is circulating.
- For added insurance again off season water issues, add 12 ounces of ProTeam Polyquat 60 or Microfloc Clarifier per 10,000 gallons of water with the pool pump running.
- Continue circulating your pool for three to six hours.
- If sand filter is present: Clean your filter with ProTeam Filter Magic, according to label directions.
- Lower the water level of your pool. Consult your local Proteam authorized dealer for recommendations on winterization pool water levels. Your dealer can also provide guidance on how to cover the pool and winterize your pool equipment and plumbing.
- Cartridge and D.E. Filters: Clean your filter with ProTeam Filter Magic, according to label directions.
- Before placing your winter cover, clean your pool surface with ProTeam Tile & Vinyl Cleaner. Clean where the water line typically is present during the season.