The Poolife NST Skimstack is an easy to install and handle skimmer basket insert that works with NST Prime Tablets and other 3 inch tablets as well. This unique chemical feeder product will keep your tablets separate from the debris in your skimmer basket. Order this product to reduce the mess and stress of other chemical feeeders.
- Step 1: To begin assembly you should have 1 insert, 1 locking ring, 4 screws, and your existing skimmer basket (not included).
- Step 2: Place insert with locking ring in the center of your existing skimmer basket.
- Step 3: While holding insert turn skimmer basket on its side. Use a phillips head screw driver and screw 4 stainless steel screws through the skimmer basket grooves and into the 4 pilot holes on the locking ring. Secure all 4 screws tightly.
- Step 4: Once all 4 screws are secure, turn the skimmer basket back over. Turn the insert counter clockwise to unlock it from the locking ring. Remove insert from the skimmer basket.
- Step 5: Place your Poolife NST Prime Tablets or 3" tablets into the simmer basket insert.
- Step 6: Place insert back onto the locking ring. Turn insert clockwise to lock it into place. Return your skimmer basket with insert back into your skimmer.
No reviews yet
Works, but not as expected.
Initially it feels a little flimsy out of the box, but is probably standard for this level of investment. Will monitor to see how long it holds up. Directions for use are clear and simple. Base ring installs easily, although the grid pattern of your skimmer basket may not align with the base ring for perfectly centered placement. But this has no impact on performance. My first surprise was that it barely holds three tablets. And that’s jamming the first one into the stack past it’s first point of contact. It still left the 3rd tablet overhanging the stack by 1/4”. I then compared to pic on box and notice that the walls of the stack in box pic are more vertical, but in reality they taper at a steeper angle, causing the first tab to jam against the walls. So it’s clearly not as described and does not match the box. However, the 1/4” overhang didn’t matter as it’s equal to the height of the base ring, allowing the skim stack to still fit and lock in place. Which leads to second complaint - it locks in place too well. Even when empty, it took some force to get it unlocked, and the stack and my basket were both trying to buckle a bit with the turning force. But I got it off, reloaded and put it in the pool. Had to go out of town before the first tabs needed replacement, so I haven’t been able to observe or play with it. But my wife said she couldn’t get it to unlock. So she’s just putting tabs in the other basket for now. Ultimately, it does what it says, but it’s not as easy fitting as the box picture and description implies. And I have concerns for it’s long term durability. Honestly I’m expecting one season of use before it breaks. Hopefully I am pleasantly surprised. Three stars for now, but overall disappointed and not sure it’s worth the price tag.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.