Natural Chemistry Stain Free Extra Strength is ideal for treating staining on all pool surfaces. This natural stain remover contains a blend of industrial strength ascorbic acid to quickly remove metal staining without adding phosphates to your water. It is compatible with all sanitizing systems, non-toxic, and environmentally friendly. Use with Natural Chemistry Metal Free for the ultimate 1-2 combination for stain fighting.
1.75 lb per 20,000 gallons of water.
Note: Operating the pool for a couple of days without chlorine can create an algae concern. Follow your pool dealer's recommendations on steps to take to protect the pool from algae during this metal stain removing process.
- Balance pool water chemistry before using STAINfree Extra Strength: pH:7.2-7.6, alkalinity: 80-120ppm, calcium hardness: 200-400ppm, CYA: below 50ppm, phosphates below 100ppb.
Note: Stain removal products work best when the pH is on the lower end of acceptable range (7.2).
- IMPORTANT: Before starting the metal stain removal or water discoloration process (step 4), a pulp based filter aid must be added to cartridge and sand filters. DE filters must be properly charged.
- Lower chlorine level to 1ppm or less (a high chlorine level or adding oxidizing agents during the process will prevent STAINfree Extra Strength from working as designed).
- Surface Stains or Water Discoloration:
For Surface Staining: If the surface is stained, add 1 pound of STAINfree Extra Strength per 10,000 gallons as close to the stained areas as possible with the pump off overnight.
For Water Discoloration: If the entire body of water is discolored, put the pool on recirculate, add 1 pound of STAINfree Extra Strength per 10,000 gallons to the pool evenly around the edge. Let circulation run for one hour. After one hour, shut the pump off and let sit overnight.
- Before turning the pump back on, brush the pool walls and floor thoroughly.
- Turn the pump back on and add METALfree to the pool water evenly around the edge of the pool at a rate of 33.9oz per 20,000 gallons.
- With the pump still on, vacuum the pool walls and floor very thoroughly.
- After vacuuming, clean filters: Sand Filter: backwash for at least 3 minutes and then rinse for 2 minutes. Cartridge Filter: clean filter and filter tank thoroughly. DE Filter:backwash and recharge with DE.
- Test and rebalance water. DO NOT SHOCK THE POOL FOR AT LEAST 1 WEEK.
Note: If chlorine level is low after STAINfree Extra Strength treatment, add small amounts of chlorine. Do not exceed 2ppm.
For Salt Generated Pools: a granular shock is recommended instead of turning the generator to its boost (superchlorinate) function after the recommended 1 week.
- Use METALfree as a weekly maintenance to control future metal staining. Apply 4oz per 10,000 gallons once a week.