Natural Chemistry's Stain Free gives pool owners an all-natural stain fighting alternative to harsh chemical rivals, without losing any effectiveness. Stain Free's natural citric acid formula, similar to vitamin c, is perfect for cleaning vinyl pool liners and fiberglass pool surfaces, yet doesn't add any phosphates into pool water. This stain fighter is a perfect complement to Natural Chemistry's Phosfree and MetalFree system.
1 lb per 10,000 gallons of water overnight.
- Balance pool water chemistry before using STAINfree: pH: 7.2-7.6, Alkalinity: 80-120ppm, Calcium Hardness: 200-400ppm, CYA: below 50ppm, Phosphates: below 100ppb. Note: Stain removal products work best when the pH is on the lower side of the acceptable range (7.2).
- Important: Before starting the metal stain removal or water discoloration process (step 4), a pulp based filter aid must be added to cartridge and sand filters. DE filters must be properly charged.
- Lower chlorine level to 1ppm or less (a high chlorine level or adding oxidizing agents during the process will prevent STAINfree from working as designed.
- For Surface Staining: If the surface is stained, add 1 lb of STAINfree per 10,000 gallons as close to the stained area(s) as possible with the pump off overnight.
For Water Discoloration: If the entire body of water is discolored, put the pool on recirculate, add 1 lb of STAINfree per 10,000 gallons to the pool evenly around the edge. Let the circulation run for one hour. After one hour, shut off and let sit overnight.
- Before turning the pump back on, brush the pool walls and floor very thoroughly.
- Turn the pump back on and add METALfree to the pool water evenly around the edge at a rate of 33.9oz per 20,000 gallons.
- With the pump still on, vacuum the pool walls and floor very thoroughly.
- After vacuuming, clean filters: Sand Filter- backwash for at least 3 minutes and then rinse for 2 minutes. Cartridge filter- clean filter and filter tank thoroughly. DE Filter- backwash and recharge with DE.
- Test and rebalance water. DO NOT SHOCK THE POOL FOR AT LEAST 1 WEEK.
Note: If chlorine level is low after the
For Salt Generator Pools: a granular shock is recommended instead of turning the generator to its boost (super chlorinate) function after the recommended 1 week.
- Use METALfree as a weekly maintenance to control future metal staining. Apply 4oz per 10,000 gallons one a week.
Do not swim until stain procedure is complete and normal chlorine residual is established.