The Durachlor Rust-N-Scale works to prevent staining issues when metals are present in pool water. This granular product will help reduce the scale build up on pool surfaces and equipment. Not only will it protect the surfaces in your pool, but it is safe with all types of sanitizers.
- Prevents scale formation
- Targets iron, copper, manganese, and calcium hardness
- Safe with all types of surfaces, equipment, and sanitizing systems
NEVER mix different product together in the same bottle or pail. Add this product directly to the swimming pool water. For best results apply to water that is above 60°F.
- Backwash or clean filter prior to use.
- If using a mineral sanitizer, remove the cartridge from the pool prior to use. Chlorine generators or ionizers should be turned off. See your dealer for temporary alternate sanitizing options.
- Adjust pH to 7.5 or higher. If sanitizing with chlorine or bromine, these levels should be at or below 3 ppm. Ideal levels should be around 1 ppm. Avoid shocking pool water for up to 1 week after application.
- Apply product in the evening or at a period of time when the pool is not in use. With the filter system operating, add this product around the perimeter of the pool at the rate of 32 ounces per 10,000 gallons. If staining is heavy or the water is extremely discolored, add 32 ounces per 5,000 gallons of water.
- Continuously operate filter system for 48 hours. Pool may be used at least 8 hours after initial application.
- This product may start to work immediately, but may take up to a week to penetrate deeply imbedded stains. Depending on water conditions and amount of of metals, scale, and other materials present, pool water may turn hazy. This is normal and is an indication that the product is working. A water clarifying agent may help speed up the recovery of cloudy water.
- After 48 hours, resume normal pool operation. For pools with sand or D.E. filters, backwash according to manufacturer's instructions and resume filtering. For cartridge filters, remove, clean, and replace the media according to the manufacturer's recommendations. For best results, use a cartridge cleaning chemical to clean the median before replacing the filter.
After initial dose, for continued prevention of stains and scale to equipment and pool surfaces: If source water has more than 2-3 ppm of metals present, add 16 ounces of this product for every 10,000 gallons of water monthly. For pool water that has trace amounts of metals insource water add 3-6 ounces per 10,000 gallons of water monthly.
No reviews yet
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.