The Durachlor Stain Eliminator is a concentrated formula that is designed to eliminate most iron and copper stains from pool surfaces. This product can be used on all surfaces, and is compatible with all sanitizer types.
- Eliminate most iron and copper stains
- Works in conjunction with either the Rust-n-Scale or Metal Wizard products
- Compatible with all pool surfaces and sanitizer types
Add this product around the perimeter of the pool at the rate of 1 pound per 10,000 gallons.
NEVER mix different products together in the same bottle or pail. Add this product directly to the swimming pool water. Pool use may resume 15 minutes after product application, however results depend on water remaining still for a period of time. For best results use in the late evening or during an extended period of time where people will not be using the pool.
- Backwash or clean filter prior to use.
- Adjust pH between 7.2-7.4.
- If sanitizing with chlorine or bromine, these levels should be below 3 ppm. Ideal levels should be around 1 ppm. Avoid shocking pool water for up to 1 week after application.
- To remove surface stains, add with pump OFF. Leave pump off for 1 hour prior to applying product.
- Add this product around the perimeter of the pool at the rate of 1 pound per 10,000 gallons. If staining is heavy or water is extremely discolored, and 1 pound per 5,000 gallons of water.
- Overnight or after 4 hours, apply Durachlor Rust-n-Scale as directed on the container. Operation of the pool pump may resume.
- After 48 hours, resume normal pool operation. For pools with sand or DE filters, backwash according to manufacturer's instructions and resume filtering. For cartridge filters, remove, clean and replace the media according to manufacturer recommendations. For best results, use a cartridge cleaning chemical to clean the media before replacing the filter.
- To prevent stains from returning, use Durachlor Rust-n-Scale on a routine basis.