The Bio-Dex M2000 Filter Cleaner is a powerful liquid formula that will effectively remove contaminants from the filter such as scale, grease, rust, oil and soil. This product can be applied directly to the filter, or it can be added in a solution to have the filter soaked in. Proper use of this cleaner will help improve the efficiency of catching contaminants and filtration rate of your cartridge filter.
- Removes scale, grease, rust, oil and soil
- Improves efficiency of equipment
- Capable of cleaning sand, D.E. and cartridge filters
COMPLETE Cleaning of Sand and D.E. Filters:
Premix the solution according to the following filter dimensions. Up to 24" diameter filter: Mix 1 quart of M2000 Filter Cleaner with 5 gallons of water. 30" to 36" diameter filter: Mix 2 quart of M2000 Filter Cleaner with 5 gallons of water.
- Backwash the filter.
- Shut off the pump.
- Put the multipart valve in closed position until ready to backwash.
- Remove filter top.
- Drain the filter.
- Pour premixed solution into the filter and add sufficient amount of water to cover the media.
- Replace the filter top.
- Soak 4-12 hours (longer for better cleaning). For pools with high material content, scale or oil buildup, soak overnight and backwash in the next day. After soaking the recommended amount of time, move the valve to backwash position, and backwash until the water coming from the line is clear.
- Start the pump, fill the filter with clean water and resume normal filtration.
QUICK Cleaning of Sand and D.E. Filters:
- Remove the suction type cleaner hose from skimmer temporarily.
- While filter system is backwashing to waste, pour 10 ounces of M2000 Filter Cleaner through the skimmer.
- Allow filter to continue backwashing until water is clear and clean.
- Return filters to normal filtration cycle.
- For D.E. filters, be sure to add the appropriate amount of D.E. filter media after backwashing.
COMPLETE Cleaning of Cartridge Filters:
- Remove cartridges, and rinse off with clear water.
- Place cartridges into solution of 1 quart of M2000 Filter Cleaner per 10,000 gallons of water. Use plastic type container.
- Allow cartridges to soak in the solution for 4 hours (longer if extremely dirty).
- When cleaning is complete, remove cartridges from cleaning solution, rinse off with clean water and return filter to normal filtration operation.
No reviews yet
Cleaned up fairly old cartridge filters.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.