BioGuard SoftSwim A is an algaecide. Using an effective algaecide is an important first step in the SoftSwim program. This product protects against a broad spectrum of algae. It is formulated to remain stable against the UV rays of the sun and against high temperatures.The SoftSwim program is ideal for in-ground or above-ground pools containing less than 25,000 gallons of water, pools that have bottom drains, and pools that have excellent circulation with the pump operating at least 12 hours per day. SoftSwim A sanitizes with biguanide.
32 fl oz per 25,000 gallons of water.
1 fl oz per 5,000 gallons of water per week, or 2 fl oz per 5,000 gallons of water every 2 weeks.
- Ensure all pool equipment is working properly. Backwash the filter system following manufacturers directions.
- Adjust pH to between 7.2.-7.6.
- Check for metals and if present add a stain and scale inhibitor to prevent staining of pool surface due to metals.
- Wait at least 15 minutes after application before entering pool.
- For Initial Application or When Pool Water is Changed: pour 32 oz. directly into pool per 25,000 gallons of water.
- For Routine Maintenance Dose: For weekly application intervals, use 1 oz. per 5,000 gallons of water. For 2 week application intervals, use 2 oz. per 5,000 gallons of water every other week. Following heavy rain showers, add an additional 1 oz per 5,000 gallons.
Alkyl Dimethyl Benzyl Ammonium Chloride: 30%, Dimethyl Benzyl Ammonium Chloride: 10%, Other Ingredients: 60%
No reviews yet
Works great we've used it for 14 years
I use Bioguard SoftSwim in my pool. Where I live I would have to drive 30 miles to buy from the nearest dealer, drive 30 miles home, then unload and carry the chemicals to the backyard. Pool Geek has the chemicals I need, at a good price, fast shipping, and I only have to carry it to the pool.
"A" keeps the algae from growing while the pump is on and in the fall I put half a bottle in and the water was clear in the spring when I took the cover off.
I use this every two weeks in my pool and have only used the BioGuard-soft swim products for many years and will continue to use these as I feel they are better for the kids and adults skin-eyes and clothing.
We have been using bio guard for many years and have recommended it to many other pool owners it’s a great product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.