BioGuard Banish kills ALL types of swimming pool algae. This fast acting formula will produce results in just 24 hours. This product allows swimmers to return soon after treatment. It is formulated to clear up water while it kills the algae and is approved for use in chlorine and bromine pools. Banish does not affect pH levels, so no readjusting is necessary after application. This product is also approved for use during shock treatments, so there are fewer steps than when using other copper-based algaecides.
1.5 oz per 10,000 gallons of water per week, or 3 oz per 10,000 gallons of water every other week.
16 fl oz per 10,000 gallons of water.
Prior to application:
Ensure all equipment is working properly. If necessary, clean the filer system, adjust pH between 7.2-7.6, and establish a minimum level of 30-40 ppm of stabilizer in chlorinated pools. Vacuum leaves and any other foreign debris from pool. If metal testing indicates a need to use a stain and scale inhibitor, apply that product per label directions. Brush visible algae thoroughly from the pools surface with a surface-compatible brush. Establish and maintain proper chlorine or bromine levels.
To Prevent Pool Algae:
- Initially apply 8 oz of this product per 10,000 gallons of pool water with pump and filter operating.
- Thereafter, for weekly application intervals, add 1.5 oz per 10,000 gallons of pool water. For two week application intervals, add 3 fl oz per 10,000 gallons of pool water every other week. Apply more often if pool volume is diluted by heavy rain, frequent backwashing or partial drain/refill.
- Wait at least 15 minutes after application before entering pool.
Treatment of visible algae:
- Add 1 lb of BioGuard Maintain BurnOut 3 per 10,000 gallons of pool water or 1 lb Burnout 35 per 6,000 gallons of pool water or 1 lb BioGuard Smart Shock per 12,000 gallons of pool water. Follow application directions on these products.
- Allow to circulate 1 hour.
- With pump and filter operating, apply 16 oz of this product per 10,000 gallons of pool water directly to the pool water in areas of heaviest algae growth.
- Continuously circulate pool water for 24 hours.
- The next day, thoroughly brush pool surface.
- Pior to re-entry, test chlorine level. Do not enter pool until chlorine level is between 1-4 ppm.
- In cases of persistent algae, repeat brushing and product application after 2-4 days.
- The use of a filter aid will enhance filter efficiency and algae removal
- Chemically cleaning the filter is recommend 3 to 4 days after treatment.
Copper (metallic): 3.3%, Other Ingredients: 96.7%
No reviews yet
Bio-Guard Chemicals are the best- have used their chemicals for years. Perform as advertised and the best place to buy them is through "Pool Geek". Have told friends for years to use "Pool Geek' for their quick service, helpful attitude, willingness to answer questions and speed of delivery. Dave Walter
Our pool gets very green over the winter. Banish is great for a quick **** of the algae followed by Power Flock. I don’t use Banish for maintenance because of the high copper content, but it sure works for opening the pool.
Pleased with this product.
First time in 29 years our pool opened like a swamp. Banish cleared it right up
This,product took care of the green algae overnight. Will definitely use again.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.