The Ultima NIX Algaecide and Phosphate Remover is powerful dual purpose product that is fast acting. It eliminates algae and removes harmful phosphates, leaving your pool crystal clear all season long. It works with all sanitizing systems, and has only a 15 minute wait time after treatment.
- Fast acting dual purpose formula
- Eliminates and prevents algae while removing phosphates
- Works with all sanitizing systems
- If visible algae is present, add 25 fluid ounces per 25,000 gallons (10 fl oz per 10,000 gallons) of water.
- For clean pools, add 16 fluid ounces per 25,000 gallons (6.4 fl oz per 10,000 gallons) of water.
- Pour directly into water by distributing product along the edge of the pool.
- Operate the pump continuously for 24 hours to allow product to distribute evenly throughout the pool and to allow the filter to recover any phosphate removed from the water.
- After 24 hours, if necessary, brush dead algae off pool surfaces. If algae is still present, repeat step 1.
To prevent algae growth add this product weekly or after heavy rain at the rate of 4 fluid ounces per 25,000 gallons (1.6 fl oz per 10,000 gallons) of water by pouring directly into the water around the edge of the pool. Maintain the circulation by running the pump for at least 4 hours after application.
Note: Swimmers can re-enter the pool 15 minutes after application.
Test the water and adjust to the proper levels. After pool is no longer in use, shock treat with a recommended shock treatment product according to its label directions. Allow the pump to circulate for several hours or overnight. Add algicide directly to pool while walking around the so that it is evenly distributed. Use at the rate of 32 fluid ounces per 15,000 gallons (21.3 fl oz per 10,000 gallons). Allow to circulate for a few hours. Clean pool waterline, shut down filter, drain pump and winterizes per the manufacturer's instructions. Cover with a solid cover if possible. Pools without a solid cover may need a second treatment later in the non-swimming season.
Alkyl (50%C149 40%C129 10%C16) dimethyl benzyl ammonium chloride: 40%
Other Ingredients: 60%