Free Shipping On Orders Over $100
Simplicity Spot Clear for Copper Stain Removal is an easy and effective way to rid your pool of disgusting greenish stains caused by high amounts of dissolved copper. Its powerful granular formula can be added to your pool without messy and tedious pre-dissolving, going to work immediately to make these stains a thing of the past. To ensure that copper is causing the stains in your pool, be sure to use Simplicity's Spot Clear Metal Stain Identification Kit, which gives you conclusive proof in mere minutes. Best of all, Spot Clear for Copper Stain Removal is made by Simplicity, an industry leader in pool chemicals for decades, allowing you to buy with confidence.
1 lb per 1,000 gallons of water.
- If your swimming pool is equipped with a heater, be sure to turn it off and disconnect if from the circulation system before starting treatment. In order to prevent damage to your swimming pool, do not allow un-dissolved product to sit on surfaces for more than 30 seconds.
- Adjust balance of pool water to the following: pH 7.0 to 7.4, total alkalinity 125 to 150 ppm (or 80 to 150 ppm for pools equipped with a chlorine generator), calcium hardness less than 400 ppm.
- Adjust chlorine or bromine residual to 1 to 3 ppm. Use a chlorine neutralizer if necessary to reduce the residual of chlorine or bromine. Do not add a shock product to the pool water during their process otherwise re-staining could occur.
- Swimming can resume as long as the chlorine or bromine residual is between 1 to 4 ppm and the pH is between 7.2 to 7.6.
- Wearing rubber gloves and safety glasses/goggles and the circulation pump running, add 2 pounds of product per 5,000 gallons of pool water for light staining or 1 pound per 1,000 gallons of pool water for heavy staining. Be sure to add the product along the edges of your pool or over the trouble spots for specific treatments.
- Brush stained areas then apply the proper dosage of Simplicity Super Metal Control per label directions. Super Metal Control will prevent the metal staining from re-staining. Allow pool water to circulate for 4 to 8 hours.
- Apply Simplicity Filter Aid to cartridge and sand filters per label directions for your filter type and size. Continue to circulate pool water for an additional 24 to 48 hours. Remove Filter Aid from filter by backwashing or cleaning the filter cartridge.
- Test pool water and adjust water balance items and sanitizer to the following: pH 7.4 to 7.6, total alkalinity 125 to 150 ppm (or 8 0 to 150 ppm for pools equipped with a chlorine generator), chlorine or bromine to residual specified on your sanitizer product.
- If stains still exist after treatment, consult your local Simplicity dealer.