Rendezvous Spa Specialties Sani-Spa Chlorinating Granules is a special type of chlorine formulated for the more demanding requirements of high-temperature spa and hot tub disinfection. This product is quick dissolving. A double dose of this product can be added as a shock treatment. Chlorinating Concentrate Granular is compatible with ozone and mineral purifiers.
.5 oz per 500 gallons of water, repeated until 3-5 ppm of chlorine is reached.
Add .5 oz per 500 gallons of water as needed.
- Add 1/2 oz. of Sani-Spa Chlorinating Granules per 500 gallons of water to the water prior to entering the spa.
- Wait 5 minutes then check chlorine residual. Residual chlorine must read between 2 to 3 ppm. If it does not, additional dosages of material should be added until it does.
- Once the chlorine residual is established in the 2 to 3 ppm range, the spa or hot tub may be entered.
- Sani-Spa Chlorinating Granules should be added daily or as necessary to maintain 2 to 3 ppm residual chlorine.
- Frequent checks should be made of residual chlorine using a reliable test kit.
- Chlorinating Concentrate Granular should be broadcast over the surface of the water and allowed at least 5 minutes mix time before sampling. Note: Heavy bather usage or the use of oils or lotions may increase the chlorine demand of the spa or hot tub resulting in the need for more frequent checks of the chlorine residual.
To Check pH:
- pH should be monitored with a reliable test kit and maintained at 7.2 to 7.8 range for clean, sparkling water.
- pH can be decreased by adding a suitable agent such as sodium bisulfate or increased by adding a suitable agent such as sodium bicarbonate.
- It is good to practice a superchlorinationg each 2 to 4 weeks.
- To superchlorinate, add 1 oz. of Chlorinating Concentrate Granular for each 500 gallons of water.
- Thoroughly clean spa, vacuum and cycle through filter.
- Resume program when chlorine residual reads 2 to 3 ppm.