Free Shipping On Orders Over $100
Rendezvous Spa Specialties Chlorine Spa Care Kit contains everything needed to start up your spa. It contains Activate, Chlorinating Granules, Spa Increase, Spa Decrease, Protect Plus, Foam Out, Spa Clarifier, Natural Clear, In Spa Fragrance Sample, Instructional Video, Test Strips, and a Spa Care Guide. All these products come in an organized and reusable pail.
Fill the Spa:
- Have a professional spa retailer test the water you will be using to fill your spa. Testing the water for pH, total alkalinity, and calcium hardness will inform you about any water balance adjustments that may need to be made.
- Check that your filter is clean. If it is not clean, use Filter Fresh according to label directions. Soak filter overnight if necessary.
- Before filling the spa, protect your spas finish by applying Spa Lustre. Once spa is polished, begin filling the spa. As the spa is being filled, add Protect Plus (2 oz. per 250 gallons.) This sequestering agent will prevent minerals in the water from staining spa surfaces, plus it contains a clarifying agent to gather small particles and leave spa water sparkling.
Balance the Water:
- Test the pH and total alkalinity levels of the spa water with GLB 4-Way Test Strips.
- Add Spa Increase or Spa Decrease to adjust pH level in ideal range of 7.2-7.8.
- Once the pH level is in ideal range, adjust the total alkalinity level to an ideal range of 80-120 ppm with alkalinity up.
- When both the pH and alkalinity are in their ideal ranges, you can also use pH Magic to lock in the pH and alkalinity level until the next time you refill or add water to the spa.
- Now begin disinfecting the water by adding Enhance and Activate, Brominating Disinfecting Tablets, or Chlorinating Concentrate Granular.
- If You Are Using the Enhance & Activate System:Add Enhance (4oz/250 gal.). Then add Activate (4oz/250 gal.) to "activate" the bromide in the water into activate bromine sanitizer.
- If You Are Using Bromine:Add Broma-start (1 oz/250 gal). Then add Brominating Tablets following directions indicated on floater label.
- If You Are Using Chlorine:Add Chlorinating Concentrate Granular (1-1/4 teaspoons/250 gal.)
- After adding a sanitizer, circulate the spa water and then test your sanitizer level with GLB 4-Way Test Strips. The bromine or chlorine level should read between 3-5 ppm.