Rendezvous Spa Specialties Brominating Tablets are a concentrated source of bromine for spas. This product slowly dissolves for a steady release of bromine, providing constant sanitation. They are ideal for use in floaters and automatic feeders. Brominating Disinfectant Tablets help insure a safe and sanitized spa experience for everyone.
Before using this product in your spa or hot tub for the first time, add 1/2 oz. of sodium bromide per 100 gallons of water to establish a 30 ppm bromide concentration.
Also, add sodium bromide at this rate whenever the spa or hot tub is drained and refilled. The bromide addition ensures immediate establishment of an all-bromide system, eliminates chlorinous odors and maximizes skin and eye comfort.
Spa or Hot Tub Start up:
- To start up a new spa or hot tub, or one recently drained, clean all surfaces, backwash or clean the filter, chemically balance the calcium hardness and total alkalinity, treat for metal if present (iron, copper and manganese), and adjust the pH to 7.2-7.8.
- Using a suitable feeder adjust according to the manufacturers directions, add this product to maintain an active bromine concentration of 2-4 ppm in residential spas and 3-6 ppm in commercial spas.
- Use a reliable test kit to monitor for bromine regularly.
- Water soluble, non-filterable wastes can accumulate in spa or hot tub water and cause dull or cloudy water and can stimulate algae growth.
- Superoxidation or super chlorination with a suitable oxidizing shock treatment should be done on a regular basis to remove these wastes and maintain clear, sparkling water.
- Suitable oxidizing agents are those based on calcium hypochlorite, lithium hypochlorite or potassium peroxymonopersulfate.
1-Bromo-3-Chloro-5, 5-Dimethylhydantoin: 60%, 1,3-Dichloro-5,5-Dimethylhydantoin: 27.4%, 1,3-Dichloro-5-Ethyl-5-Methylhydantoin: 10.6%, Other Ingredients: 2%
No reviews yet
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.