Omni Winter Care Algaecide gives pool owners a way to prevent algae growth in their pools during its winter shutdown, vastly simplifying maintenance when you re-open your pool at springtime. Simply add this product to your pool water before sealing the winter cover to keep your pool algae-free all winter long. Winter Care Algaecide is also available with Winter Care Shock in either a 10K or 20K gallon Winterizing Kit to suit your particular needs.
32 fl oz per 20,000 gallons of water.
- This Algaecide aids in the prevention of algae in swimming pools durning the winter months, when the pool is out of service. This Algicide is economical, efficient and stable.
- Test water for proper balance of minerals, ph and presence of metals. Take corrective action if necessary.
- Superchlorinate the pool using a recommended winter shock treatment according to label directions. Appluy when pool is out of service and allow pump to recirculate a minimum of one hour, preferably sever hour or overnight.
- Apply this algicide directly to the pool water, pouring along the edges of the pool. Use one quart per 20,000 gallons of water and allow to circulate 2-4 hours.
- Clean pool water line and filter. In areas with severe freezing, drain pool equipment and plumbing lines or use an antifreeze recommended for swimming pool plumbing and equipment. Pools without covers or mesh covers, may need a second treatment in mid-winter or just prior to freezing.