Omni Chlorinating Stix are a slow dissolving product that releases sufficient chlorine to reduce the growth of harmful algae and micro-organisms in your pool. This product needs no filters and has 90% available chlorine. It is slow eroding, which makes it effective for use in plastic skimmers, automatic chlorinators, or floaters. This product also has a long shelf life. This effective stabilized disinfecting agent will safely kill harmful bacteria in your pool.
1-2 oz per 10,000 gallons of water per day.
- Ensure all equipment is working properly.
- Backwash the filter system following manufacturers directions.
- Adjust pH to between 7.2-7.6.
- In chlorinated systems, add stabilizer to establish a minimum stabilizer level of 30-40 ppm to reduce the degradative effects of sunlight upon the chlorine residual.
- Check for metals and if present add a stain and scale inhibitor to prevent staining of pool surface due to metals.
- Adjust chlorine residual residual to 1-3 ppm.
- When using other products as outlined in directions for this product, always follow directions on those products.
Automatic Chlorinators and Floaters:
- This product can be used in feeding mechanisms such as automatic chlorinators and floaters as a maintenance treatment.
- Fill unit with this product and adjust the feeding mechanism to assure a constant treatment level of 1-3 ppm available chlorine in the pool water.
- Normally 1-2 ounces of this product per 10,000 gallons will be needed daily.
- Use a test kit or test strips to monitor chlorine levels and adjust the chlorine feed mechanism as needed.
- Check and refill chlorinator as needed.
- Do not let this product come in direct contact with vinyl liners or other bleachable surfaces as damage may occur.
- This product may be used in plastic skimmers only if skimmer and piping between skimmer and pump are plastic.
- Do not add other chemicals through the skimmer when using this product in skimmer as an explosion or fire may result.
- Do not turn pump off for more than 8 hours in vinyl pools when this product is in skimmer, initially add one of the this product per 10,000 gallons of water.
- Add additional product as determined by a test kit or test strips to maintain chlorine residual of 1-3 ppm.