The Natural Chemistry CYA Removal Kit efficiently removes cyanuric acid from pool water. This revolutionary two-part system works without the need to drain or dilute water from a pool with high cyanuric acid levels. The prolonged use of stabilized chlorine can cause CYA levels to build over time, and this kit reduces that excess cyanuric acid out of the water while maintaining the ideal CYA range of 30-50 ppm for a swimming pool.
- Efficiently removes cyanuric acid from pool water
- Step 1 is an easy way to neutralize chlorine and bring levels within range for the CYA removal process
- Step 2 easily removes CYA with bioactive organic compounds
Step 1 Directions
Add CYA Remove Step 1 to reduce chlorine level to 1-3 ppm. CYA Remove Step 1 works better with the chlorine level on the lower side of the acceptable 1-3 ppm range. You must maintain a minimum of 1 ppm of chlorine during the CYA removal process.*
*Note: Chlorine can be added gradually as needed to maintain 1 ppm during the process. Do not shock, superchlorinate or add algaecide until after the CYA removal process is complete.
- Balance pool water to the following parameters: Alkalinity: 80-120 ppm, pH: 7.2-7.8 ppm, Phosphates: Below 100 ppb. Note: Water temperatures should be above 65 degrees.
- Test chlorine level. Compare to chart below to determine required amount of CYA Remove Step 1 to reduce chlorine level to 1-3 ppm.
- With pool system running, add required amount of CYA Remove Step 1 to the pool water evenly around the edge.
- Continue circulating pool water for at least 4 hours (while prepping the contents for CYA Remove Step 2). Re-test chlorine level to ensure it is in the proper range prior to proceeding to step 2.
2.5 oz per 10,000 gallons of water will lower chlorine level by 1 ppm.
|Pool Gallons||Initial Level 5 ppm||Initial Level 8 ppm||Initial Level 10 ppm||Initial Level 13 ppm|
|10,000||5 oz||12 oz||1 lb||1.5 lbs|
|20,000||10 oz||1.5 lb||2 lb||3 lb|
Step 2 Directions
This powerful formula reduces cyanuric acid in swimming pool water. CYA Remove Step 2 works efficiently to break down cyanuric acid. It allows for much easier removal process than draining or diluting pool water.
CYA Remove Step 2 treats up to 25,000 gallons of pool water with cyanuric acid levels up to 150 ppm.
- Test CYA level using the test strips provided with this kit.
- Prior to treating the pool, add entire contents of CYA Remove Step 2 to a 5 gallon bucket of warm water (75˚F - 90˚F) and let it sit for a minimum of 4 hours. Do not leave bucket unattended, keep mixture out of the reach of children.
- Add mixture to the skimmer with the pool circulation system running. Pools without skimmers can add mixture directly into the pool with the circulation system running.
- Continue running the circulation system for a minimum of 4 hours following application, as well as each day for the next week. Proper water chemistry should be maintained including chlorine between 1-3 ppm.
Note: Chlorine can be added gradually. Do not shock, superchlorinate or add algaecide until after the CYA removal process is complete.
- Allow 7-10 days to see full results of the treatment, then test the CYA level using the test strips provided. The ideal range is between 30-50 ppm. Reintroduce CYA if needed using Natural Chemistry's Instant Pool Water Conditioner.