Free Shipping On Orders Over $100
Jack's Magic Spa Magic Chemical Kit is an easy way to dramatically cut down the amount of routine maintenance to you spa while keeping it looking spectacular. This kit includes everything you need to properly maintain your spa, saving you considerable frustration by avoiding mixing and matching chemicals. Best of all, this kit is made by Jack's Magic, an industry innovator in pool and spa chemicals, allowing you to buy with confidence.
- First, check your spa or hot tub filter and clean it. If need be, replace filter cartridge. The maintenance of clear water in your system depends on proper filtration.
- You must adjust the pH. The pH of your spa or hot SPA MAGIC tub should be maintained in the range of 7.4 to 7.6. Adjust pH with soda ash or baking soda (if the tested pH is lower than the above range), or sodium bisulphate (if the tested pH is higher than the desired range). Use according to directions on label of product used for pH adjustment. Run the system and retest your spa water every 15 minutes until the proper pH is obtained. The maintenance of pH is IMPORTANT, not only for optimum benefits from the SPA MAGIC system, but also because acidic water can corrode spa heating elements. Total alkalinity should be 106 to 125 ppm, and Calcium Hardness 200 to 275 ppm. You may required to purchase a water testing kit from your local spa or swimming pool dealer to accomplish this testing.
- After adjustments, pour into your spa the entire liquid contents of the containers labeled: SPA MAGIC WATER CLARIFIER and SPA MAGIC WATER ANTI-SCALE. These have been pre-measured for spas up to 500 gallons for one month, so you cannot under or overdose.
- Immediately after adding the liquids in Step 3, disassemble the SPA MAGIC cartridge provided with your kit. Place two tablets from the container lableded SPA MAGIC OXIDIZING TABLETS into the cartridge. Affix the cartridge to the wall of your spa at some point below the water surface using its suction cup. Add 1/4 of the container labeled SPA MAGIC SUPER-SHOCK into the water.
- Recharge the cartridge every 7 days. To do this, remove the cartridge from your spa and insert 2 tablets from the container labeled SPA MAGIC OXIDIZING TABLETS. It is important that you recharge the cartridge every 7 days. Pick a day when you can regularly devote a few minutes to your spa. If the cartridge appears empty before the 7th day, WAIT FOR THE SEVENTH DAY TO RECHARGE. If on the seventh day some of the prior tablets remain in the cartridge, leave those in the cartridge and recharge the cartridge normally by adding new tablets. Add 1/4 of the container labeled SPA SUPER-SHOCK into the water.
- Check the pH regularly and adjust when necessary. Regular use of the SPA MAGIC water treatment system in accordance with the above instructions will maintain your spa water in sparkling clean condition. You MUST, of keep the filter clean and run the filter system for at least 2 hours each day to circulate the water. With 2-speed pumps, run the filter system for at least 3 hours each day, otherwise, the water could become cloudy. If this occurs, you should be able to restore water clarity by simply running the filter system under these conditions. If you have a covered spa, you may notice a slight odor when the cover is removed. This is due to a minor amount of entrapped gas. The gas is harmless, and once the area is ventilated, the odor disappears quickly.
Make sure the water filters at least 2 hours per day. An inexpensive timer will take care of this for you.