Free Shipping On Orders Over $100
Coral Seas Yellow Out provides pool owners with a unique product that, when added to your pool, will enable chlorine to kill algae rather than using algaecides or other alternatives that may cause other problems in your pool. Yellow Out's formula enhances chlorine already in your pool, and reacts with it to kill all forms of algae, including green, mustard-brown, and pink. This not only kills algae, but virtually eliminates hand scrubbing to save you time better spent doing something else, like enjoying your pool.
2 lb per 15,000 gallons of water.
- Never premix Yellow Out with EPA-Registered chlorine or other chemicals. Never vacuum pool immediately after application. Never add Yellow Out directly into the skimmer basket or filtration suction line. Maintain proper pool chemistry at all times. Avoid concentrated contact with eyes. For eyes, flush thoroughly with plenty of water. If swallowed, call a physician. When not in use, keep container closed and dry.
- Shake well to break-up the lumps (product lumping in transit is normal). Clean DE or cartridge filter before proceeding (additional filter aid may be necessary with sand filter). Determine the size of the pool in gallons. Adjust chemical balance to pH 8.0+, alkalinity 80-120 ppm, and cyanuric acid 25-75 ppm. Use the EPA-registered chlorine instructions on adjusting the chlorine to 2-2.5 ppm.
- Add 2 lbs. of Yellow Out per 15,000 gallons. (Yellow Out is not an algaecide) directly into any type of pool. Spread half of it along the perimeter of the pool, starting where the algae are the thickest. Concentrate the rest directly over the problem areas. Never add more than is recommended.
- After adding Yellow Out super chlorinate the pool water using directions on the EPA-registered chlorine label for every 15,000 gallons. Example 2lbs per 15,000 gallons. Add the chlorine directly over the Yellow Out. Never add more of an EPA-registered chlorine than recommended. Follow the EPA-registered chlorine product manufacturers application instructions for different types of pool surfaces.
- Circulate pool water for 24 hours using only the main drain if possible. Check pump valve setting and timer, disconnecting the off timer dog (tripper), if necessary.
- Super Chlorinate the pool water again twice after completing step 4 (12 hours after and 24 hours after). Use the amount of EPA registered chlorine per label instructions for every 10,000 gallons of pool water. Example - after 12 hours , add 1 lb per 10,000 gallons and then after 24 hours, add 1 lb per 10,000 gallons (total shock = 2 lbs per10,000 gallons during that 24 hour period). Return equipment and chemical balance to normal after algae are removed.