The BioGuard Winter Algicide is a necessary liquid formula that will effectively prevent and control algae growths during the off season winter months. This product is designed to be used in conjunction with the BioGuard Arctic Blue Winter Shock product, but it is also compatible with chlorine, bromine, Mineral Springs, and saltwater system products. Do not use this product with BioGuard SoftSwim or biguanide pool system.
Add directly to pool water, at a rate of 32 fluid ounces per 15,000 gallons.
Prior To Application:
Take a sample of your pool water to your BioGuard Dealer if possible. Follow their directions or test kit results for your products application to properly balance your water for conditions in your area. If metal testing indicates a need to use a stain and scale inhibitor, apply that product per label directions. Allow the pool to circulate for at least one hour before adding other products.
- After pool is no longer in use, add a shock product according to label directions.
- Allow pump to circulate for several hours or overnight.
- Add this product directly to pool water, walking around the pool, so that it is evenly distributed. Use at a rate of 32 fluid ounces (6.7 ppm) per 15,000 gallons.
- Allow to circulate for a few hours.
- Clean the pool water line, shut down filter, drain pump, and winterize as per manufacturer’s instructions. Cover with a solid cover if possible. Pools without a solid cover may need a second treatment later in the non-swimming season.
Alkyl(50%C14,40%C12,10%C16) dimethyl benzyl ammonium chloride: 40%
Other Ingredients: 60%
Product weighs 8 lbs per gallons.
No reviews yet
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.