Omni pH Decreaser will slowly lower the pH level of your pool if it gets too high. Keeping your pool's pH level balanced is not only important for swimmer comfort, it also helps keep your equipment and pool finish in good condition. In addition, many algaecides require the pH to be balanced in order to work properly. A great feature of this product is that it is a granular chemical. This means it is safer to handle and use than liquid acids such as muriatic (hydrochloric) or sulfuric.
ph 7.8 to 8.0:
3/4 lb per 10,000 gallons of water.
ph 8.1 to 8.4
1 1/4 lb per 10,000 gallons of water.
ph Above 8.4
1 1/2 lb per 10,000 gallons of water.
- Balance total alkalinity in pool water to 80-125 ppm for plaster finishes and 125-150 for vinyl, fiberglass and other non-masonry finishes.
- For most efficient performance of pool chlorine, pH should be maintained between 7.2-7.6.
- Use a reliable test kit, as to determine pH.
- If the test shows a pH above 7.6 add this product to pool per the dosage listing below.
- To Add this product, broadcast into deep end of the pool when not in use.
- Add directly to pool with pump and filter running.
- Never add more than 1.5 lb. of this product per 10,000 gallons of water at any one time.
- Allow pool water to recirculate 2 hours and retest pH.
- Repeat treatment as necessary.
- Newly plastered pool may require frequent treatments for the first few weeks while the pool is "curing."
- Do not add near metal fittings or allow pH to drop below 7.2.
- Do not allow undissolved lumps to remain on the pool bottom.
- These can be broken up by brushing or other means of agitation.
Sodium Bisulfate: 93.2%, Other Ingredients: 6.8%
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.